Friday, October 8, 2010

Six Months Old!

Six Months Today!
I cannot believe that it has already been six months. It seems like just last week he was the tiny baby dwarfed by his car seat. Now he is getting so big, that he has almost graduated to the convertible car seat (which is in Nana and PopPop's basement waiting to be installed). He is now 17 pounds, 12 ounces and 28 1/4 inches long. That keeps him in the 75th percentile for weight and about the 95th percentile for height.

Peter is sitting on his own now, and doesn't like to lay down at all anymore. Everything seems much more interesting to him from his new vantage point. He still isn't quite crawling, but he does inch-worm his way forward to get something that he wants. He also is almost up on his hands and knees (you can just see the determination in his face when he tries). I really don't think that it will be that long before he is on the move.

Peter is also taking to eating like a champ. So far, he's only had the rice cereal, but we are going to add some fruit this weekend (probably banana), and some veggies after that. He just gets so excited when I put him in the high chair and set up to feed him. I'm really looking forward to trying new foods with him.

We don't have any progress on "dada" yet, even though we both say it to him all the time. At one point, he did say "da", and I think that he is holding out just to drive Geoff nuts.

We've also been meeting some new people and making some new friends. We've gone to a couple of "Mommy and Me" classes around town, and discovered the new children's room at the library. In fact, we'll probably be playing the the Sock Gazebo at the library when the weather really starts to get bad.

There are more pictures in the October album, which I will be updating throughout the month.

Edited 11/8/12: Due to recent issues, I've decided to make my albums private. To see albums I've shared with you, log into your Google account and click here. If you think that there are albums that I haven't shared with you but I should have, just let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...