Friday, April 8, 2011

One Year Old!

One year today!
And just like that, the first year is over, and our baby is now a toddler. He has grown so much in the past year, putting on 13 pounds and gaining 10 inches. At 21 pounds 12 ounces and 31 inches, he is in the 50th and 75th percentile respectively.

As for being a toddler, he is certainly living up to that name. He cruises like a champ, and will push any movable furniture, using it as a walker. He is also getting much better at walking on his own, but still looks a little like a drunken sailor. While he seems to realize that crawling will get him somewhere faster, he is loving that he can walk.

Sleeping has not been going so well this month. Between Tooth Explosion 2011, and his being sick last weekend, nobody has really been sleeping lately. It seems to be getting a little better, but I know that there are more teeth coming in, which will not help us get a good nights rest.

Eating is his strong point, he just loves to eat. He is still getting some babyfood purees, but it is less and less. He loves to eat whatever I am eating, if it is on my plate, he wants it. He loves beef and salmon, most fruits and vegetables, breads and chicken. He's eaten Indian, Turkish, Mexican and Japanese food. He is also getting much better at using a spoon, he can now dip it into a bowl and put it in his mouth. He still needs a guiding hand to help him get anything on the spoon, but he's getting better every day.

There still isn't much in the way of actual words yet, but Peter loves to babble. He does say "mama" and "dada", but he doesn't seem to know what they mean yet. He points at everything and says "ight", his favorite things to point out are lights.

It's hard to believe that a year has already passed, but there is so much that Geoff and I are looking forward to in the year to come. He loves the water, so we want to get him swim lessons, and take him to the pool and the beach. Now that he's walking, I think that he'll enjoy the park that much more, between the sandbox area and the large open space for him to run around. There is the zoo, and some children museums that we are planning on going to now that he's more able to appreciate them.

There are more pictures in the April album, which I will keep adding to as the month goes on.

Edited 11/8/12: Due to recent issues, I've decided to make my albums private. To see albums I've shared with you, log into your Google account and click here. If you think that there are albums that I haven't shared with you but I should have, just let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...