Monday, July 12, 2010

Peter's Baptism

Yesterday, Geoff and I had Peter baptized at the church where we got married. It was his first time at a service, and he was not a fan of the loud organ (a sign that we should go to the quieter 8 am service). While he was being fussy at the beginning of the service, he fell asleep during the sermon, which comes right before the baptism. I was concerned that being woken by the water would cause a major melt down, especially since the other two babies did not take it very well. Peter was the last of the three to be baptized, and he was perfectly calm the entire time. Reverend Tom kept holding Peter as he finished the baptismal blessings and walked down the aisle to the front. It was a beautiful service, and I am so glad that we were able to be a part of it.

After the service, we had a wonderful brunch reception with some friends and family. It was nice that so many people were able to come to celebrate with us. 

We were so happy when Uncle David, Uncle Greg and Aunt Aggie agreed to be Peter's Godparents. Peter wore the gown that my grandmother made for my father, and that I also wore. There are more pictures of the day here. The album is a collection of pictures from a few different people, and I will add pictures if I get any more.

Edited 11/8/12: Due to recent issues, I've decided to make my albums private. To see albums I've shared with you, log into your Google account and click here. If you think that there are albums that I haven't shared with you but I should have, just let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...